“But I don’t know what to post! What do I put into my email newsletter?! I have nothing to say in Instagram Stories!”
We hear this all the time. All. The. Time.
And you guys, this can be SO EASY.
All you need to do is come up with a few themes or connection points that you want to stick to.
That way people know what to expect from you, writer’s block becomes a thing of the past, and you’ll be top of mind when your readers are looking for whatever it is that you do!
There are no hard and fast rules here, but here’s a fun little activity to get the juices flowing –
- Jot down 5-7 things that you love, that aren’t business related. Do you keep Werther’s Original candies in your pockets like an old man? What’s your happy place? What do you love to collect?
- Note 5-7 things that your clients come to you. What products & services do you offer? What are some questions you get asked often? Remember, your social media isn’t necessarily about you – it’s about your readers.
Then, choose three things from each of those categories – those are your connection points! Whenever it’s time to create content, you can refer back to these themes and plug them in.
(It’s like hitting an Easy button on your social media content.)
If you’re ready to post some content and you’re not quite sure where to start, the Social Shakedown will give you more ideas than you know what to do with. Here’s what’s in it:
- social profile audit for FB & IG
- 360° content brainstorm to help you establish your expertise, become a valuable resource, and build a memorable brand (no more cutting & pasting template captions!)
- a few hacks to make sure your sales posts actually get you dollars in your jeans
- engagement, story, and hashtag strategies and prompts